- Kenley had a well-baby check up this week and in UI Pediatric Clinic, I heard the song "Stayin' Alive" by the ever-falsetto Bee Gees in Muzak fashion. Yes, folks. Not only can you hear the disco hit that encourages what you are actually trying to do by visiting the hospital in the first place, but in a way that drains you of your will to live. Irony. Yes. Elevator-style disco irony.
- I am not sure what my daughter thinks or feels when she sees me, but I am coolest person in her world. She gets so excited and shakes and kicks the closer I get to her. I am scared she'll one day learn that I'm not anywhere near as cool as she thinks I am. She gives me the best smiles and the most persistent weeping when she wants me to hold her, which is all day long. The downside is that she never gets tired of me. Ever.
- I have discovered two new recipes that I would have been better without. One is Chicken Flautas. I now know the reason that corn tortillas exist at all. The other is homemade Spinach and Artichoke dip with Crostinis. I've made both twice in about a week. Not good if I ever wish to realize my dream of becoming a Victoria Secret model. (Yeah, Ramone. That'll happen.)
- I do have to give props to allrecipes.com. If you click on ingredients above the seach bar and type in "corn tortillas" you'll find a recipe like Chicken Flautas that you have to make twice in one week. The fat girl inside me (and, well, outside me) rejoices. The Victoria Secret Model inside me does, too. She's been craving a cheeseburger for a long time.
- Nothing brings me joy like my son singing "The Wheels on the Bus" (motions and all) and my baby girl giggling.
- We have the coolest icicles dripping down the front of our house. They are seriously so impressive.
And you thought I was exaggerating!
Friday, February 19, 2010
The long, drawn-out Iowa winter is kicking my butt. Seriously. Stupid Puxatawney Phil. I'm starting to go a little nuts. It is teaching me to search for joy in the little things. Here are a couple of little things that made me smile in the last couple of days.
Posted by Deanna at 9:38 PM